The Derivatives Fundamentals Course (DFC) introduces you to the complex world of forwards, futures, swaps and options. Learn about the derivatives market from both a risk management and a trading perspective and jumpstart your career in this exciting market. Completing this course will enable you to:
- Earn your Futures and/or Options License: The DFC plus the Options Licensing Course and/or the Futures Licensing Course satisfies a major proficiency requirement to become licensed to sell exchange-traded options and futures. You may also take the Derivatives Fundamentals and Options Licensing (DFOL) course as a substitute for completing the DFC and OLC to gain your options license.
- Qualify to sell Managed Futures Funds (Commodity Pools): The DFC fulfills the provincial securities commissions proficiency requirements for mutual funds representatives interested in selling Managed Future Funds.
- Register as a Commodity Trading Advisor or Commodity Counsel or a Commodity Trading Manager: Contract for Differences can be sold to investors in Ontario and Quebec. To do so you must be employed by an IIROC dealer member and successfully complete the FLC and DFC courses as well as hold a license as a Registered Representative.
What skills will you develop?
The DFC provides a general understanding of derivatives, such as forwards, futures, swaps and options, and their use by investors and corporations.
Who should enrol?
Enrol in the DFC if you’re:
- Interested in obtaining a license to sell derivatives
- Seeking general derivatives knowledge
- Working towards your Certificate in Derivatives Market Strategies
- Working towards your Certificate in Equity Trading and Sales
- Working towards your Certificate in Fixed Income Trading and Sales