What will you learn about?
Through this course, you will learn how to:
- Use the Competency Profile and the Competency and Content Matrix to better understand the breadth and depth of the required knowledge and skills to successfully complete the AFP Certification Examination and become a competent financial planner.
- Gauge your level of recall of your financial planning knowledge by taking the 120-question, multiple-choice Knowledge Review.
- Integrate what you have learned by completing the Integration Activities which place an emphasis on certain key topics where students have experienced difficulty in past courses. The workbooks contain a mix of calculations, quizzes and mini-cases that allow you to practice applying your knowledge.
- Use the Strategic Considerations to identify important questions you should be asking your clients.
- Prepare for the Applied Financial Planning (AFP) Certification Exam. The AFP Exam Preparation Activities include numerous practice questions and sample cases similar to AFP Exam 1 and 2 that will help you test your ability to further demonstrate your competencies and apply your professional knowledge and financial planning skills against the Competency Profile.
How will you learn?
This online course provides:
Assess Your Knowledge and Skills
- PFP® Professional Competency Profile
- Competency Content and Review Matrix
- Knowledge Review
- Access to all the course materials on the main PFP® education path
Reinforce Your Knowledge
- Five Financial Planning Workbooks
- Competency-Based Strategic Considerations Activity
Assess Your Readiness for the AFP Exams
- AFP Exam 1 Practice Test (100 multiple choice questions please note that Exam 1 may have 100 to 110 questions including pilot questions)
- Three sets of four practice cases with related constructed-response questions presented in the style of AFP Exam 2
Upon successfully completing this course, you will be able to download a Notice of Course Completion available through your student profile. This will remain on your profile as formal confirmation of course completion. Please note that a certificate will not be issued upon completion of this course.