What will you learn about?
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- Distinguish different types of income-generating properties
- Assess property-specific and external risks associated with lending against commercial properties
- Evaluate the quality of income sources associated with commercial real estate
- Structure historical and projected property cash flow statements to assess the property’s ability to generate sufficient cash
- Perform meaningful sensitivity analysis to keep loans current in less-than-ideal circumstances
- Properly use commercial real estate appraisals
- Make sound, defensible lending decisions, and put in place solid loan structures
How will you learn?
The course is taught online and is composed of 8 modules representing the topics of study. Each module consists of:
- A diagnostic test to help you identify areas where you should focus your studies.
- 2 to 4 lessons, each estimated to take 20 to 30 minutes. Each lesson ends with a quiz to help reinforce the concepts reviewed in the lesson.
- A module exam, similar to the diagnostic, to test your mastery of the principles in the module.